Note: Due to COVID-19 and associated challenges with taking and receiving scores for the GRE this year, the Department of Psychology has decided NOT to require the GRE for applicants this year. If you are applying for Fall 2022 entry (i.e., if you are submitting an application for the December 2021 deadline), you do NOT need to submit GRE scores. Please disregard information that states otherwise below. Applications with and without GRE scores will be treated equally. If you have questions, please email our Graduate Coordinator, Kevin Belt (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The deadline for Fall 2022 entry for the program is December 1, 2021. All applications on file must be completed by this date otherwise the application will be withdrawn from consideration by the Department of Psychology. An outline detailing the components of a completed application is provided below, along with instructions on how to complete each required component. If you have any questions about this process or need further assistance, please contact email@example.com.
Checklist for a Completed Application
- Complete the Graduate School Application, available only online. Within the Graduate School Application:
- Submit letters of recommendation electronically. A minimum of three letters of recommendation are required, but more than three letters may be submitted. The instructions for submitting electronic letters of recommendation can be found on the Graduate School Application.
- Complete the Psychology Department Supplemental Application, available in the “Supplemental Application” section of the application.
- Complete a personal statement and CV in the area entitled “Statements and CV”. The personal statement is a place for you to communicate your motives for attending graduate school, what your future goals are and why you think the University of Wisconsin is the best place for the training that will help you meet your goals. Be sure to tell us in your personal statement if you have prior research experience and tell us about your role in that research. There is no word limit to the statement.
- If you wish to submit additional material such as a writing sample please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. The document should be named in the following format: LastName.FirstName.TypeOf Document. For example: Doe.John.Paper1
- Submit a $75 non-refundable application fee to the Graduate School.
- Fee is payable by credit card (MasterCard or Visa) or debit card through the electronic application; personal check or money order, drawn on a U.S. bank, can be sent through the mail to: Office of Graduate Admissions, 228 Bascom Hall, 500 Lincoln Drive, Madison, WI, 53706-1380.
- Do not send cash.
- Have all Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores electronically reported to institution code 1846.
- GRE test date must more recent than August, 2017
- GRE scores are to be reported directly to the University of Wisconsin ( DO NOT USE A DEPARTMENT CODE)
- Allow 10-15 days for GRE Scores to be received by the University of Wisconsin
- GRE Subject scores are not required, but should be reported if taken
- Transcripts must be submitted to the Department of Psychology
- Unofficial transcripts will be uploaded as part of the application on the Grad School website. They must be uploaded no later than December 1, 2021.
- Should you be recommended for admission to our program, you will be required to submit one (1) official transcript from each university and college you have attended directly to the Psychology Department.
- TOEFL scores are required if you are an international applicant.