David F. Tolin, PhD Face Your Fears Workshop
March 30 @ 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Nearly a third of all people will suffer from severe or debilitating fears over the course of a lifetime. Face Your Fears presents up-to-date, evidence-based, and userfriendly approaches aimed at beating phobias and overcoming anxieties. Dr. Tolin explains what fear really is, and how to beat it using gradual exposure techniques and other practical action steps. Learning objectives include:
1. Describe physiological, cognitive, & behavioral aspects of maladaptive fear.
2. Discuss mechanisms of exposure therapy.
3. Develop exposure hierarchies for a wide range of anxious patients.
4. Implement exposure strategies for fears of body sensations (panic).
5. Implement exposure strategies for social & performance fears (social phobia).
6. Implement exposure strategies for obsessive fears (OCD).
7. Implement exposure strategies for posttraumatic fears (e.g., PTSD).
8. Describe the role of safety behaviors in maintaining fear.
9. Use cognitive restructuring strategies in the context of exposure therapy.
10.Apply motivational interviewing strategies for ambivalent patients.
To register for this workshop, please click here.