- This event has passed.
David F. Tolin, PhD Science & Practice of CBT Workshop
March 29, 2018 @ 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
March 29: Science & Practice of CBT Science & Practice of CBT provides a complete introduction to the art and science of cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) including core concepts and effective techniques for addressing the behavioral, cognitive, and emotional elements of psychological problems. Vivid case examples illustrate essential skills for case conceptualization, planning treatment, and conducting therapy, from intake to termination. Learning objectives include:
1. Describe how behavioral, cognitive, & emotional disturbances are associated with the maintenance of psychopathology.
2. Discuss CBT strategies of interacting with patients.
3. Develop a program of contingency management for problem behaviors.
4. Implement exposure therapy for anxious patients.
5. Use activity scheduling for depressive patients.
6. Train appropriate problem-solving & social skills.
7. Elicit & modify maladaptive interpretations.
8. Teach relaxation & other forms of emotion modulation.
9. Use acceptance strategies for unwanted thoughts & emotions.
To register for this workshop, please click here.